Hitting the open road for a quick weekend road trip or an extended family vacation can be fun and exciting. With the summer travel season soon upon us, you are probably already planning what you want to do and where you want to go. One of the biggest complaints people have about taking road trips is having to stop every few hours to fill up the gas tank.
While fuel efficiencies in gasoline and hybrid engines have improved in recent years, there are not that many vehicles on the market with truly outstanding fuel efficiency mileage ratings—with a few exceptions, like Chevy cars, such as:
- Chevy Volt – The Volt has an estimated travel range of 420 miles on a single fill-up. The Volt is an electric hybrid and uses bolt electric fuel cells and gasoline.
- Chevy Cruze – The gasoline version of the Cruze has an estimated travel range of 570 miles per tank when equipped with the 1.4-ltr. Ecotec turbo engine.
- The All-New 2017 Chevy Cruze Diesel – The Cruze diesel boasts the highest fuel efficiency ratings for a non-hybrid or non-electric vehicle, with an estimated travel range of 702 miles per fill-up!
Chevy is offering the Cruze diesel with automatic and manual transmission options. It is worth mentioning that the 9-speed automatic has a slightly lower fuel efficiency rating of 47 mpg with an estimated travel range of 635 miles, compared to the 52 mpg and 702-mile range of the 6-speed manual version.
Traveling this summer will be even more fun, thanks to Chevy’s partnership with Roadtrippers to promote the 2017 Cruze diesel. Owners of this latest addition to the Cruze lineup can use the app to see exactly what is within the 702-mile range of their homes!
Even if you opt for a different Chevy vehicle, your Chevy dealer can assist you with accessing the app for planning your road trips. The app offers a number of different filters to fit all tastes, from trendy vacation spots, camping, and fishing to exploring haunted houses or other unique attractions.
The Cruze diesel also incorporates a wide range of options and features to choose from, just like the other Cruze models. The base price for a new 2017 Cruze diesel starts around $25,000 for a base model with manual transmission and slightly over $26,000 for the automatic.
If you are the type of person who desires all of the “bells and whistles” in your new vehicles, a fully loaded Cruze diesel is still affordable, with price tags under $30,000 and options like:
- Heated Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Heated Front Seats
- Remote Start
- Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Park Assist
- Cross-Traffic Alert
- 8-Inch Touch Screen Display with Steering Wheel Controls
- Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Multicolored Instrument Cluster Driver Display
To learn more about the 2017 Cruze diesel, Cruze gasoline models, or Chevy Volt, please feel free to stop by Community Chevy of Spencer today or call us at 812-829-4843!