Chevrolet continues to beat expectations and redefine how Americans view domestically produced vehicles by winning award after award from respected automotive experts. The automaker racked up awards for 2017 and, perhaps, the pinnacle of its achievement was winning dependability awards from J.D. Power & Associates for vehicles in its car, truck, and SUV segments for the second year in a row—the only automaker to achieve this distinction.
For years, local auto consumers seeking cars for sale in Indiana have had it drummed into their heads that imports are the best-built and most reliable vehicles. That simply isn’t true anymore, as there has been a quality revolution in the U.S. auto industry, which Chevy has helped lead. Chevy’s victories on the awards circuit provide ample evidence that the best-quality vehicles on the road are being built right here in the United States of America.
In 2016, J.D. Power’s study of initial quality found that U.S. automakers had made a significant improvement. In the 2016 study, researchers found that U.S. automakers collectively had fewer problems than their import competitors combined—only the second time in 30 years this has happened.
Chevrolet has been a leader in the quality revolution; in 2016 Chevrolet had the fewest problems per 100 vehicles in the study of initial quality of any domestic automaker. Only five automakers outperformed Chevy on the initial quality study, and two of them were high-end luxury brands (BMW and Porsche).
The next time you’re shopping for cars for sale in Indiana, consider these award-winning Chevy products:
- Chevy Bolt EV – Chevrolet’s revolutionary all-electric vehicle gets lots of love from the automotive press. The Bolt was awarded the 2017 MotorTrend Car of the Year award, the 2017 North American Car of the Year award, and the 2017 Green Car of the Year award from Green Car Journal, was named one of the 10 Best vehicles by Car and Driver, and won a Best Resale Value award from Kelley Blue Book.The Bolt is an affordable, practical electric vehicle. Owners can drive the Bolt for more than 200 miles on an electric charge—double the range of rival electric vehicles. The Bolt has plenty of get-up-and-go, thanks to an electric motor that cranks out 200 horsepower. In addition to its long range, the Bolt also offers owners a spacious, comfortable cabin, excellent steering, handling, and braking, and convenient smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Chevy Volt – Not to be confused with its all-electric cousin the Bolt, the Chevy Volt is a hybrid gas-electric vehicle. The Volt won the 2017 Insurance Institute of Highway Safety’s Safety Pick+ award, the Autobytel 2016 Car of the Year award, and the 2016 Green Car of the Year award from the Green Car Journal.The Volt, a plug-in hybrid, can travel 50 miles on all-electric power before switching to gas, and its gas/electric engine can stretch a tank of gas out to cover several weeks of driving. The vehicle handles exceptionally well in urban environments, and the vehicle also has lots of cool tech features like adaptive cruise control and automatic emergency braking. The various electronic safety features incorporated by the Volt make it easy to see why the vehicle won a top safety award from the IIHS.
- Chevy Spark – The Chevy Spark offers an eco-friendly, affordable vehicle for urban dwellers and first-time new car buyers. The 2017 Spark won a Five-Year Cost to Own award from Kelley Blue Book and was also named among the 10 most affordable cars by the publication.
The Spark offers lots of great features in its base model, including a standard backup camera, a 4G LTE hotspot, and a seven-inch touchscreen. Also standard is the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration systems, which help drivers eliminate distracted driving by integrating their smartphones with their vehicles, allowing them to be used safely. Buyers can also get a number of optional electronic safety features.
The Spark’s small gas engine produces respectable acceleration, and it has pretty spacious seating for a small vehicle. Brand-new, the Spark starts at around $16,800.
- Chevy Sonic – The Chevy Sonic is a sporty, small car that delivers a fun and exciting driving experience. The vehicle is also safe and reliable; the Sonic won the J.D. Power award for Most Dependable Small Car and was an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick for 2016.The base Sonic is powered by a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 138 horsepower and 125 lb. ft. of torque, which provides plenty of power for the small car. Buyers can also opt for a 1.4-liter turbocharged engine that allows the vehicle to accelerate from zero to 60 in 8.4 seconds—very fast for its class.
- Chevy Corvette – The inimitable Corvette is another top performer for Chevy, being named among Car and Driver’s 10 Best. Chevy has vastly improved the Corvette’s interior, finally offering a cabin that’s as beautiful as the vehicle’s exterior. The Corvette offers great power and handling at a price that’s much lower than its performance vehicle rivals. Lots of trim levels and options packages allow Corvette buyers to tweak their vehicle as they wish.
- Chevy Trax – Chevy’s new small SUV has impressed critics since its debut a few years ago. The Trax recently won the Kelley Blue Book 10 Tech Savviest Cars Under $20,000 designation, and its award for Most Fuel Efficient SUVs. For consumers seeking an affordable small SUV, the Trax is a good option and the vehicle gets great gas mileage—24 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
- Chevy Malibu – For families looking for a reliable sedan, the Chevy Malibu provides a great automobile. The Malibu is the winner of an Insurance Institute of Highway Safety Top Safety Pick award, and U.S. News & World Report awards for Best Hybrid Car for Families and Best Midsize Car for Families.The Malibu has a lot of great features that recommend it to families, including plenty of cabin room and seating sufficient to accommodate tall passengers, ample power and good gas mileage, and convenient trunk space and interior cargo bins.
- Chevy Impala – Auto shoppers looking for a full-size sedan can find great quality and value in the new Chevy Impala. The Impala won the Kelley Blue Book Award for Five-Year Cost to Own and was among the publication’s 10 most comfortable cars under $30,000. U.S. News & World Report designated the Impala as the 2017 Best Large Car for the Money.The Impala delivers value to buyers with a powerful V6 engine, an upscale cabin, a smooth ride, and ample cargo space. For long vacations or business trips, the Impala is tops, thanks to its roomy interior, which provides plenty of room to stretch out and relax. The Impala also has some pretty impressive tech options, including an 8-inch MyLink touchscreen infotainment system standard on most trim levels.
- Chevy Equinox – The Equinox is a great crossover SUV option, especially if you opt for its V6 engine. The Equinox won the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s 2016 Top Safety Pick. The Equinox gets surprisingly good gas mileage—31 mpg on the highway.
- Chevy Traverse – An elegant midsize SUV, the Chevy Traverse offers lots of great creature comforts, including plenty of cargo space and great options and features. The Traverse can comfortably haul up to eight people and offers a smooth, even ride.The Traverse won the 2016 U.S. News & World Report award for Best Large Car for the Money and Best 5 All-Around Performance from the Automotive Science Group.
- Chevy Camaro – Chevy’s iconic sports car is another award-winner for the automaker. The Camaro has won J.D. Power’s Most Dependable Midsize Sporty Car award for five years in a row, and it also was among Car and Driver’s 10 best vehicles and was named among Kelley Blue Book’s 2017 Best Resale Values award winners.The new Camaro offers improved handling and more engine options, including a V8 that can propel the vehicle from zero to 60 mph in less than four seconds. Although the Camaro packs a lot of power, it’s also nimble around corners and offers a smooth ride, thanks to its adaptive suspension system.
- Chevy Tahoe – Chevy’s full-size SUV is a big winner, garnering a J.D. Power award for Most Dependable Large SUV, Kelley Blue Book designations for 2017 Five Year Cost to Own and Best Resale Value, a U.S. News & World Report award for Best Large SUV for Families, and a Kelley Blue Book designation for 12 Best Family Cars.
The Tahoe is one of the best-regarded large SUVs on the market. The 2017 model offers seating for nine, a standard V8 engine that provides plenty of driving and towing power, an upscale cabin, and off-road capabilities.
- Chevy Suburban – Another big SUV from Chevy, the Suburban seats nine, has a strong V8, and a luxurious interior. The Suburban also offers lots of tech features, including emergency automatic braking, collision alerts, teen driver management, and a rear entertainment system.The Suburban won Kelley Blue Book designation as one of 2017’s Best Resale Values.
- Chevy Colorado – The popular Chevy Colorado offers fuel efficiency and power. The vehicle comes equipped with a V6 engine that gets an impressive 26 mpg on the highway. The Colorado is a competent work truck, providing 7,000 lbs. of towing capacity.The Colorado has won multiple awards, including the 2017 Autobytel Buyer’s Choice Award, designation as the Best Compact Truck for the Money by U.S. News & World Report, winner of a 2017 Kelley Blue Book Five-Year Cost to Own award, and designation as Edmunds 2017 Most Wanted Midsize Truck.
- Chevy Silverado – Chevy’s flagship truck product is one of the best-regarded trucks on the market, offering superior towing power and lots of creature comforts. The Silverado won the J.D. Power & Associates 2017 Most Dependable Large Heavy Duty Pickup Award, as well as Five-Year Cost to Own and Best Resale Value Designations from Kelley Blue Book.
Community Chevy is a Spencer Chevrolet dealership serving western Indiana. For local residents seeking the best deals on the most dependable cars for sale in Indiana, Community Chevy has a wide selection of new and pre-owned Chevys that will fit any budget. Visit today and find out why more Americans are coming home to Chevy cars, trucks, and SUVs.