In the competitive market of compact cars, consider the Chevy Cruze Miss Congeniality, as the popular vehicle checks just about all the boxes consumers want in a small commuter automobile. Now available in Indiana Chevy dealerships, the Cruze is a well-rounded vehicle that value shoppers will want to check out.
For 2018, Chevrolet added an optional diesel engine for all models of the Cruze. Chevy retained the hatchback version of the vehicle, which it added for the 2017 model. A closer look at some of the stand-out features of the Cruze will help you determine if it’s the right Chevy for you.
- Performance – The 2018 Chevy Cruze has a standard 1.4-liter four-cylinder that cranks out 153 horsepower or buyers can opt for a 137 horsepower turbodiesel engine. The base engine gets 29 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway and the turbodiesel gets 30 mpg in the city and 52 mpg on the highways. The turbodiesel is available only in the LT trim of the Cruze’s sedan and hatchback versions.
Reviewers say the Cruze offers a peppy ride and handles well and offers responsive braking.
- Hatchback or Sedan – Chevy added a hatchback option last year, and it’s proven quite popular. The hatchback version offers more cargo space and versatility, making the vehicle more useful for business travelers who need the space for product or families who need the space for luggage or gear. The hatch is available at the LT and Premier trim levels of the vehicle only.
- Interior – The Cruze offers a very nice cabin and lots of standard features for an inexpensive compact. The seats are comfortable, and all of the surfaces are made of quality components. The cabin is quiet on the road, and occupants can barely feel any bumps on the road, thanks to the vehicle’s competent construction.
The cabin is fairly roomy, and the cargo area is spacious, especially in the hatchback.
- Tech – The Cruze comes with a pretty impressive list of standard tech features, including a seven-inch infotainment touchscreen, Chevy MyLink, a built-in Wi-Fi hot sport, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a rearview camera, and Chevy’s Teen Driver Assist. Teen Driver Assist allows parents to set parameters for their children’s driving.
- Safety & Reliability – Buyers can trust the Chevy Cruze. The 2018 Chevy Cruze gets a perfect five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and also gets rave reviews from the independent Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The vehicle has a high reliability rating from J.D. Power & Associates, too.
For drivers looking for a practical new vehicle choice, the Cruze is the right option. The Cruze has been a strong seller for Chevy, moving 188,876 units in 2016. Like all small sedans, sales of the Cruze have been impacted by the resurgent popularity of SUVs, but the Cruze’s sales figures have proven resilient when compared to other vehicles in its class.
For consumers who’d like to check out the new Chevy Cruze, Spencer Chevrolet dealership Community Chevy has the latest models of the popular sedan. Stop by today to browse or to take a test drive.